Oil Stain (??) From Cakes/cupcakes

Decorating By mystsparkle Updated 15 Oct 2012 , 2:49pm by poohsmomma

mystsparkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mystsparkle Posted 14 Oct 2012 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all! I made my very first wedding cake this past week and had to set it up at the venue. They provided a table w/ a black table cloth. I set it up..snapped pics..and was done.
The place later must have taken pics also and put it on their website (The picture attached is their photo they provided) I can't tell..if its the shadow, of if the oil from the cupcakes over time seeped out of the liners (which were grease resistant) and onto the table cloth...

Is there a way to prevent this?
I've noticed when i put cupcakes in cardboard boxes, the bottom of the box overnight will get those stains too!

Thanks all!!
LL

3 replies
LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 15 Oct 2012 , 5:10am
post #2 of 4

That just looks like shadows to me, not oil stains.

I do know what you mean about the oil on the boxes though. I'm not sure there's much you can do about it, except maybe tweak your recipe if there's a lot of oil in it? Or just don't leave them in the boxes overnight. But even non-oily recipes would probably eventually stain the box if you left them in there a long time, that's just the nature of the beast!

mystsparkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mystsparkle Posted 15 Oct 2012 , 11:34am
post #3 of 4

haa okay thanks ! i just needed some reassurance that im not going crazy and that is does happen

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 15 Oct 2012 , 2:49pm
post #4 of 4

I think that just looks like shadows. They are too perfectly round, and they graduate in size around to the right of the picture.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%