Cupcake/cake Stand?

Decorating By Suewillo Updated 24 Dec 2012 , 1:49pm by sugardaddy129

Suewillo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suewillo Posted 14 Oct 2012 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 5

I'm working on trying to find a easy cost effective way to make a cupcake/cake stand for a wedding. On top of the stand will be a two tier cake with bride's topper. The top tier will be real cake sitting on a dummy with tiers of 120 cupcakes below.
My thinking is to use 1/2" cake board for each tier with centre support from maybe glass vases or candle holders? Not really sure on the centre support or how to attach it to the cake boards.
If you have any ideas on how I can make this please let me know, any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Sue

4 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Oct 2012 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 5

Is there some reason you don't want to buy a stand to rent? It can be a nice money-maker.

Suewillo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suewillo Posted 15 Oct 2012 , 12:44am
post #3 of 5

I don't think I would use it that much. I do cakes mostly not cupcakes so I think it's a one time deal.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 15 Oct 2012 , 1:10am
post #4 of 5

You can do a lot with pvc piping, washers and a threaded rod with nuts on the end. All pieces are available at HD or Lowes. If you know someone handy, they can guide you through it and the cost is cheap.

sugardaddy129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugardaddy129 Posted 24 Dec 2012 , 1:49pm
post #5 of 5

Why don't you buy some cheap cupcake stand and then decorate it beautifully. It is a much better option I think. You may buy a cardboard stand online also. They come really reasonable and then decorate them yourself, as i said. You can use beautiful laces and glitters.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%