Best Way To Transport A Cake/cupcakes?

Decorating By ApronOn Updated 16 Oct 2012 , 6:31am by Bomatebaker

ApronOn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApronOn Posted 12 Oct 2012 , 1:05am
post #1 of 7

I'm new to this forum (and to ckae decorating too!), and I'm sure this topic is floating around somewhere that I can't find. I have a fantastic Wilton cake caddy for my round cakes, but I'm looking for something for my 9x13 cakes and cupcakes. I know Wilton makes a 3 in 1 caddy, but I read reviews on Amazon that cupcakes don't stay put in it. Does anyone know of a really good caddy for these? Or a homemade trick or the trade? Having a hard time coming up with solutions that won't interfere with the icing. Thanks!

6 replies
DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 12 Oct 2012 , 4:31am
post #2 of 7

Yes. You'll need heavy duty alum. foil and a cupcake pan. Flip the cupcake pan over and make a mold of it using heavy duty foil. After pressing it in you'll have as many faux cupcake impressions as you want. Place it in a long low box and put your cupcakes in each impression. They will stay still.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 14 Oct 2012 , 5:19am
post #3 of 7

I saw a blog on how to make a cupcake holder for transporting cupcakes. They used a sheet cake board and hot glued styrofoam cups. They shortened the height of the cups to about half and placed the board inside a cake box. The cups held the cupcakes in place. People come up with some really neat inexpensive ideas.

ApronOn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApronOn Posted 15 Oct 2012 , 1:11am
post #4 of 7

Thanks! Those are some awesome ideas. Anyone know of a good way to transport 9x13 cakes?

jennilynn03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennilynn03 Posted 15 Oct 2012 , 4:11pm
post #5 of 7

I buy boxes from my local cake store. I use those to transport all cakes. Use a piece of mailing tape on the bottom of the cake board to hold it down. I also use the boxes for cupcakes. Put a dab of frosting on the bottom of the cupcake and it won't move.
Have fun baking!

jenibradley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenibradley Posted 15 Oct 2012 , 4:38pm
post #6 of 7

I usually buy boxes to transport my 9x13 cakes and that way it doesn't slide around at all. I do have the Wilton 3 in 1 caddy and when I use that, I usually put a glob of buttercream under the cake if I'm putting the cake directly on the caddy. If the cake is on a cake board, then i'll use some of the non-slip drawer protector between the caddy and the board. I have never had an issue with anything moving around that way. Good luck!

Bomatebaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bomatebaker Posted 16 Oct 2012 , 6:31am
post #7 of 7

I use the Cupcake courier to transport my cupcakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%