Can Anyone Provide Me With Good Yellow Cake Recipe?

Decorating By Alwayzmakincake Updated 10 Oct 2012 , 12:27pm by Lovelyladylibra

Alwayzmakincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alwayzmakincake Posted 9 Oct 2012 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone,

I have always been a mix person because I felt that recipes from scratch were dry. But now I am so disappointed with the box mixes and the way they have changed that I am switching to scratch. Besides, I am a Cottage Food Baker and am required to list my ingredients out for my customers. I just don't like having to post all the artificial additives in the mixes.

If anyone knows some good yellow cake, white cake and lemon cake recipes, I would sure appreciate it! I already have my chocolate one for cake. I use the Hershey's recipe. The only thing I have found with it is that I don't like the way cupcakes turn out with it. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

3 replies
Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 9 Oct 2012 , 2:24pm
post #2 of 4

For yellow cake, I like Warren Brown's from Cake love. There is a video showing the recipe & how he makes it. For white cake, I have used this one http://fromscratchsf.wordpress.com/2011/07/26/white-cake-part-3-with-recipe/. I don't have one for lemon since not a favorite with the family and that is all I bake for. I think if you like the yellow cake, you can always add lemon zest and perhaps lemon extract for the lemon flavor. Just a thought since I'm no expert. Perhaps someone else can you help you with that. Also on the chocolate, have you tried mud cakes. Some great recipes in a forum named August Scratch-off - MUD CAKE!

Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 10 Oct 2012 , 5:31am
post #3 of 4

There was a yellow cake scratch off on here too - that's how I found Sylvia Weinstock's recipe that I use. Do a search for it - it's very interesting reading!

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 10 Oct 2012 , 12:27pm
post #4 of 4

Toba Garretts yellow cake is hands down the best yellow cake I have ever tasted and baked. And its really not a hard recipe to follow at all. Its light and airy but still very durable for stacking

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%