?? About Putting A Logo On Cupcakes

Baking By Osgirl Updated 15 Oct 2012 , 10:32pm by sfandm

Osgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 8

Someone asked me to make cupcakes with a logo-it's just 4 capital letters with a line underneath. They want plain vanilla and chocolate cupcakes.

What would be the best way to do this? I was thinking of piping royal icing on wax paper (tracing over the logo). How would I place them on the cupcake? Would it be best to pipe the letters onto some royal icing (like a flat based) and then place that directly on the buttercream?

Thanks!

7 replies
3D-Sweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3D-Sweets Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 8

My best suggestion would be to make fondant circles and then pipe the royal icing letters onto that. Royal icing will begin to soften/dissolve once you put it onto buttercream.

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 9:29pm
post #3 of 8

I think royal icing gets soft when placed on butter cream.

Osgirl Posted 7 Oct 2012 , 2:17am
post #4 of 8

Thank you! I thought it would soften if placed on buttercream...hadn't thought of fondant. Will give that a go. Thanks!

bikemom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bikemom3 Posted 7 Oct 2012 , 3:14am
post #5 of 8

Depending on the look you want and the logo...you could pipe melted chocolate onto wax paper.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 7 Oct 2012 , 7:42am
post #6 of 8

Royal on buttercream should be fine (I pipe right onto SMBC all the time and that's a high-fat one) but chocolate will be sturdier and faster (no drying time). HOWEVER, I echo my support for the fondant coin logo, it will look far cleaner than the loose letters and less assembly time too with no breakage.

Osgirl Posted 7 Oct 2012 , 7:09pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks ya'll!

I'm going to try the fondant/royal icing and also fondant/edible markers. I can draw pretty well and it's an easy logo. I'll see what turns out...

sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 15 Oct 2012 , 10:32pm
post #8 of 8

Hey Osgirl, I actually made my own repeat sheets- IOW- I used a program on my computer to make one logo, sized it, and saved it. My program will print out as many as one sheet will hold. One is pictured below. I can then use these with wax paper, and make uniform shapes, I also use this same program for the over 5000 fonts I do this way. I then make up my RI recipe, and pipe away. Maybe I can make a page for you, let me know.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%