Strawberry Whipped Frosting???

Baking By tullicious Updated 8 Oct 2012 , 2:03am by tullicious

tullicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tullicious Posted 5 Oct 2012 , 8:02pm
post #1 of 6

I have had a request for a strawberry "whipped" frosting. They don't like the sweetness of buttercream. Does anyone have a good recipe for me? It needs to pair with chocolate cake and strawberry mousse for the filling. I need to be able to decorate a 2D ferrari cut out of a sheet cake, so it can't be too soft. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

5 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 12:02am
post #2 of 6

Hi, you would love swiss meringue or italian meringue buttercream with strawberry puree or strawberry spread or jam mixed in the end. You would love Mike Mccarry's buttercream icing also. I think you can google that. If not i will help you out.

icer101 Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 12:04am
post #3 of 6

Hi, here is Mike's buttercream recipe. I used it when i made my red truck in my picks. Very good tasting.

tullicious Posted 7 Oct 2012 , 1:30am
post #4 of 6

hmmmmmm, where is the recipe? thanks for your help. icon_confused.gif

icer101 Posted 7 Oct 2012 , 10:22pm
post #5 of 6

Sorry, just seen this.

1 lb. 4 0z. powder sugar, 1/2 c. pasteurized egg whites... 2 Tlbs.vanilla... 2 lbs. (8 sticks butter softened) In an electric mixer, combine sugar, egg whites and vanilla. Mix on low to combine. Increase speed to high and mix for 10 min. to build volume. Reduce speed to medium, slowly add softened butter and beat an additional 10 min. until full volume is reached. hth Then you add strawberry puree or nice jar of strawberry spread or jam. Delicious.

tullicious Posted 8 Oct 2012 , 2:03am
post #6 of 6

Wow! That seems like a lot of butter for that much powdered sugar. Can you decorate with it? Does it have an overwhelming buttery taste? Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%