Pricing Help Modeling Chocolate Baby Cupcake Topper

Baking By SweetDelights2613 Updated 8 Oct 2012 , 1:32pm by SweetDelights2613

SweetDelights2613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDelights2613 Posted 5 Oct 2012 , 1:31pm
post #1 of 8

Hello,

I needed it some pricing help. I was asked to make 40 modeling chocolate baby cupcake topper for baby shower but I have no clue how much should I charge the client. I have done those once as gifts for family friends. I wanted to see if anyone has done these in past & guide / help me to price it correctly. I will be making the cupcakes for them as well. I will be using Baby-1 by 1st Impressions.

Thanks in advance

7 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 5 Oct 2012 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 8

How long does it take to make each topper?

SweetDelights2613 Posted 5 Oct 2012 , 7:45pm
post #3 of 8

It will take few mins since I am using the mold. 20 mins in freezer to set....so may be total 25 mins

jason_kraft Posted 5 Oct 2012 , 8:50pm
post #4 of 8

How many molds do you have? If you only have a few you will have a lot of slack time, so it might be worthwhile to figure out how long the complete order will take, taking into account working on other components of the order while the mold is setting.

SweetDelights2613 Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 12:12pm
post #5 of 8

Currently I own only 1 baby mold. I was thinking to make the babies in advance? What's your input?

jason_kraft Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 4:04pm
post #6 of 8

If you make them in advance make sure the order is fully paid for before you begin. As for pricing the toppers, if (for example) the materials cost is $1 and your hourly wage is $12 a good price would be $7-8 each.

ApplegumPam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumPam Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 11:43pm
post #7 of 8

Check Etsy - they have gazillions of them on there - in all matter of get- ups - on boards and not - the average price on there is $8-$10

BUT the plain naked babies are only about $5

The mould only takes 24grams of paste - so you should get your 40 out of 1kg fondant.
Once the mould is well chilled - you can do a couple in succession - so you don't need to factor in the 25mins chilling for EACH & EVERY baby

SweetDelights2613 Posted 8 Oct 2012 , 1:32pm
post #8 of 8

Okay Got It! I appreciate you both taking time to guide & help me icon_smile.gif Thank YOU!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%