Separate Yolk From White! Fascinating!!!

Baking By Annabakescakes Updated 6 Oct 2012 , 10:52pm by bethola

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 3 Oct 2012 , 12:48am
post #1 of 11

Yes, I know there are gadgets and I use the shell it can in to separate mine, and have seen people use their bare hands, but this is awesome!
A neat trick ------ needs to be filed away in the back of your mind --------
The video is in Japanese but it is self-explanatory ------

How to separate an egg white from yolk. Watch. http://bbs.wenxuecity.com/cooking/1160651.html

10 replies
lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 3 Oct 2012 , 1:17am
post #2 of 11

That's pretty cool! I usually use my hands because its quick and easy and there is nothing to clean after, but I will at least try this out for fun... even if it's not practical for bulk use. I often have to separate 10+ dozen eggs at a whack.

Annabakescakes Posted 3 Oct 2012 , 5:48am
post #3 of 11

Well, I tried it! On cold eggs, it worked perfectly and beautifully! I cracked 6 in a bowl, then slurped up the yolks like magicicon_smile.gif Then I tried it on some room temperature ones and after 4, I broke one! So then I tossed the yolks back in for a regular recipe, and broke 6 more the regular way. I was making a meringue, so I couldn't have the yolk in there like that. But it was fun! Lol

Spooky_789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spooky_789 Posted 4 Oct 2012 , 2:21am
post #4 of 11

I think it's usually suggested to separate eggs when they are cold, so it makes sense that it did better with the cold eggs.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 4 Oct 2012 , 4:21am
post #5 of 11

I want to try this , just for fun also. Its crazy!!!!

Lucky6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lucky6 Posted 5 Oct 2012 , 4:14am
post #6 of 11

I am so going to try it icon_biggrin.gif

Megan1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Megan1979 Posted 5 Oct 2012 , 5:02am
post #7 of 11

Wow, I am so going to try this.

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 5 Oct 2012 , 7:11pm
post #8 of 11

I tried it too! It was fun and funny - my niece begged me to try it too (she's 8 years old). But I wouldn't do it on a regular basis, I broke 1 and 2 worked out. It's more Bill Nye the Science Guy or Alton Brown info-tainment. But still cool!
Theresa

Sugarsweetcafe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarsweetcafe Posted 5 Oct 2012 , 9:55pm
post #9 of 11

I tried it its a cool idea but, it isnt something I would adapt into my way of baking. I find it completely unnecessary. If people are doing it because they have a hard time seperating eggs than you should be practicing doing it the "normal way" just my opinion

Annabakescakes Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 9:56pm
post #10 of 11

Oh, I agree that it isn't anything I would do on a regular basis, but I just had to try it, and I was fun! My kids were totally into iticon_smile.gif i also have no problems separaring eggs the old fasioned way, whatsoever. But I think that if someone did want to do it this way, for whatever reason, more power to them! If I could get it to work every time, I would totally do it! It's so much faster busting 12 eggs for scrambled eggs than it is to separate eggs for a lemon meringue pie icon_smile.gif

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 10:52pm
post #11 of 11

How fun is that? Can't wait to show my grandson! He'll think his Gran B is WAY COOL! LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%