Edible Artist Nightmare Any Tips Greatly Appreciated

Decorating By Corlie Updated 4 Oct 2012 , 2:36am by Kazorra

Corlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corlie Posted 2 Oct 2012 , 10:31pm
post #1 of 6

icon_biggrin.gifFirstly Hi everyone i'm new to hear and wondered if any of you could help.
My partner bought me an edible printer, so i installed edible artist but i cannot access my images i tried on a different computer and again none of the images on the computer would come through.
I started new design then finish
then pictures, browse my computer but none there only things like the web n walk icon on comp, and windows, anyone any idea where i'm going wrong.

Thanks in
advance
thumbs_up.gif

5 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 2 Oct 2012 , 11:56pm
post #2 of 6

Sorry to ask such basic questions, but we can't help you until you let us know:

--do you need us to use large font?
--PC or MAC?
--did you install the printer software before you connected it to a PC?
--have you been able to find your created files in the list of "recent documents" on PC?
--do you save your files before printing, and do you know where they are being saved?
--can you print any regular image using Paint or other built-in software? (use a piece of paper NOT sugar for testing)
--do you have a demo version of Edible Artist or did you pay for and register the full version?
What's the difference? demo versions don't usually let you print or save files...

Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 3 Oct 2012 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 6

The default for the program is:
Program Files
Edible Artist
Save Directory

Look in there first

Corlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corlie Posted 3 Oct 2012 , 6:53pm
post #4 of 6

--do you need us to use large font?
--PC or MAC?
--did you install the printer software before you connected it to a PC?
--have you been able to find your created files in the list of "recent documents" on PC?
--do you save your files before printing, and do you know where they are being saved?
--can you print any regular image using Paint or other built-in software? (use a piece of paper NOT sugar for testing)
--do you have a demo version of Edible Artist or did you pay for and register the full version?
What's the difference? demo versions don't usually let you print or save files
Hi i don't need you to use large font, sorry i'm quiet basic on the computer (as you can probably see lol).
- it's a PC
-The computer was connected to the printer and internet when it was downloaded
-I can find it on my recent documents on the computer but not on the edible artist.
-This is the first time i have used it so had no saved files, but i cannot load anything from my own documents
-I can print images from the build a cake software from my PC but not on edible artist.
-it is the demo, i couldn't see one to buy is it in the shopping area
Thank's for your help

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 3 Oct 2012 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 6

OK.

I went to http://www.deco.uk.com/content/view/101/137/

It says you need 20GB of hard disk space. That's a LOT. How big is your hard drive?

It says to use the "free" software, you have to create an online account and generate a key.

There is a list of videos including "installation and registration" Without the key, you will not be able to print or save your files.

Did you register online? they would probably email you a key.

Sorry, I'm not going to install this on my PC. There should be a help file.

Kazorra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kazorra Posted 4 Oct 2012 , 2:36am
post #6 of 6

Make sure your picture file type is JPEG. sometimes the software wont pick up different file types, and this is the most common picture file type.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%