Decorating By jenscreativity Updated 31 Jul 2013 , 6:09am by bubs1stbirthday

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 10:37pm
post #31 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchocolate 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterUpCake 

Unfortunately/(luckily? heheeh) My kids are 27 and 28. Not to mention with all of M Obamas new rules it had become difficult to feed tehem anything but carrots! lol

Believe me I know.  We have to eat with our students and they don't eat what they are now being served.  I wouldn't either for that matter.  I have teachers comment, "that is zucchini"?  I respond to them, that looks nothing like the zucchini I eat. haha   These kids aren't into 3 bean salad, succotash, squash, sweet potato fries and all the other vegetables they are serving.  I work in a primary school and those little ones aren't interested.  Actually, most don't eat their lunch so they are going hungry the rest of the day.  Anyway, back to the original topic.

I just meant maybe you could donate a cake to a local school, if you are wanting practice.  The school would give you a good base for future customers. I meant feed the teachers, not the students. haha

My kids come home starving every day. I "ate lunch" with my daughter on her birthday, and they had the Smucker's Uncrustables with dry, wrinkled raw carrots, cooked squash, quinoa, and spinach and celery sticks. Why would anyone ever eat a previously frozen PB & J? Or white bread, for that matter? I went home hungry that day, thank heavens for the cupcakes I was allowed to bring, I may have fallen over from hunger. The rules are that the treats can't be made at home, but I own my own bakery, so I can bring my cupcakes.

I actually don't practice techniques, only recipes, so if it is good enough to eat, I spread icing on top, freeze it, then cut it up and put it into baggies and my husband takes it to work with him, in his lunch. If I have too much, too often, I will send it all to work with him. Guys in a machine shop, will eat anything!

ttaunt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttaunt Posted 31 Jul 2013 , 5:48am
post #32 of 33

I'm from Louisiana also,where the alligators live.

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 31 Jul 2013 , 6:09am
post #33 of 33

Not sure if someone already said this but I make/decorate/slice and freeze the cakes - then come Monday if I haven't had free time on the weekend there are still things for lunches/snacks ready to go. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%