Farmers Market Packaging

Business By agconner Updated 2 Oct 2012 , 6:33am by scp1127

agconner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agconner Posted 30 Sep 2012 , 10:09pm
post #1 of 4

Hey everyone, I was woundering how you all package cupcakes for farmers markets. I was planning on packing all of them separate before going to the market but now I'm thinking about not doing that and taking different size boxes and all incase people want to buy more then one. What do you all do? Thanks

3 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 1 Oct 2012 , 2:58am
post #2 of 4

What are the HD requirements? Do they need to be pre-packaged or can you do individual?

If you can do individual, boxes for 1, 2,4,and 8 should be enough if they are more expensive, 12 too if they are more economical.

agconner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agconner Posted 1 Oct 2012 , 3:24am
post #3 of 4

The HD doesn't require them to be packaged as long as they are covered. I have single packaging as well as 4,6, and 12 count packaging as well. My concern was you never know what people will want. I was going to do all singles until I started talking to other who said that most people don't buy just one cupcake so I started to second guess it.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 2 Oct 2012 , 6:33am
post #4 of 4

You are probably right not to package ahead because you don't want to waste the boxes that are expensive. From experience, if you put six in a box and offer all flavors, they ill want to change something. Just follow hat the bakeries do and have your boxes ready.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%