Friday Night Cake Club 9/28/12

Decorating By catlharper Updated 29 Sep 2012 , 6:02am by cheatize

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 29 Sep 2012 , 3:08am
post #1 of 6

Opening up another session of the FNCC! Who is up? What are you working on?

Cat

5 replies
catlharper Posted 29 Sep 2012 , 3:12am
post #2 of 6

Hi everyone!

Last weekend was the trip to Hawaii. Yes, it was wonderful! But then, how could Hawaii be anything less. I posted the small wedding cake that I did. It was a real challenge since it was in the 90's with the same high humidity so fondant didn't work all that easily. I was very happy it was a simple design and just an 8 inch x 3 inch cake.

Here it is:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2409716/hearts-and-balloons-wedding-cake

I was really pleased by how it turned out and the Bride and Groom were thrilled. The entire wedding was black and white with red accents. They used red hibiscus as their flower so it was simple but elegant looking.

The rest of the weekend we just played. Went snorkling, toured The Big Island, ate great food. It was a blast!

This weekend is completely different. I have a memorial tomorrow. Not a hard job but a hard occasion to work all the same.

How about you guys? How was your week?

Cat

debidehm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debidehm Posted 29 Sep 2012 , 4:50am
post #3 of 6

I did the "Call of Duty" cake on Thursday (yesterday), and did 3 cakes for the bakery today. Other than that I have a 3 tier birthday/memorial cake that I've been working on (the decorations), and still have a few more things to do for the penguin cake that is due on the 9Th of Oct. Other than that...not much else going on. icon_biggrin.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 29 Sep 2012 , 5:02am
post #4 of 6

I've been making cookies most of the day. Three more pans and I'm done for the night. Tomorrow I'll be making sweet breads and muffins. Sunday it's on to cupcakes and who knows what else. I'm helping some friends who are participating in a film competition next weekend. They need fed for three days. I'm making as much ahead as I can because I also have another tailgate next weekend to attend.

Anyone know the best way to make, keep, and reheat scrambled eggs? Next weekend's tailgate is for breakfast.

catlharper Posted 29 Sep 2012 , 5:13am
post #5 of 6

Sounds like both of you have had very busy weekends already! As for the eggs..not something I would try to reheat. Is it possible you could do pancakes or waffles with sausage on the side...these are very easy to reheat in warmers.

Cat

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 29 Sep 2012 , 6:02am
post #6 of 6

Thanks, Cat.
Pancakes are being made on a griddle on the grill as well as sausage. Last year, they tried eggs on that griddle, but it stuck like crazy until I told them to try veg. oil. A skillet on the grill didn't work, either.

I'm wondering if there's a way to make powdered eggs tastes good? I know you simply add hot water and stir to make those and that can be done at the tailgate. However, if they taste fake, they won't be eaten.

All cookies are now baked. Once everything's cool, I'll get them in the freezer. I'm trying new recipes. The chocolate chip one says to sprinkle them with course salt before baking. I'm brushing it off as it comes out of the oven. It's weird on there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%