White Cake With ? Frosting

Baking By candyladies Updated 28 Sep 2012 , 11:59pm by BakingIrene

candyladies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyladies Posted 28 Sep 2012 , 10:50pm
post #1 of 5

my nephew is giving me carte blanche but does not like chocolate or lemon. Want to knock his 18 year old socks off. What goes great with white...think rasberry would not be his first choice. I wished he liked chocolate!!!!! icon_cry.gif

4 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 28 Sep 2012 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 5

Hee hee hee...

Vanilla cake (ivory coloured) with RUMMMMM sprinkled in the layers after baking, and also mixed into the frosting.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 28 Sep 2012 , 11:16pm
post #3 of 5

Coffee or espresso? I like strawberry with white cake but when you cut it, it's pretty girly icon_biggrin.gif.

EDIT...or caramel!

SweetDreams_DK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreams_DK Posted 28 Sep 2012 , 11:20pm
post #4 of 5

I've been doing an orange dulce de leche that is really good. Just mix some dulce de leche and orange zest into buttercream until you get the flavor you want. If it's easier, you could just use caramel sauce instead of dulce de leche too.

Or maybe coconut almond? (Use some coconut cream and almond extract in buttercream.) Or a simple white chocolate buttercream? Peanut butter? Cream Cheese? Spiced buttercream?

White cake is sort of a blank slate. Just try to think of what his favorite flavoring is and work it in to buttercream.

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 28 Sep 2012 , 11:59pm
post #5 of 5

If he likes maple pecan, then you could add chopped pecans to the batter, and use real maple syrup in a meringue buttercream (boiling up the syrup and not using sugar or water at all). This kind of cake in 4-6 thin slices, with nuts in the filling, would taste absolutely fantastic.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%