Problem With Taking Cupcakes Photos

Baking By Vera-CupcakesGarden Updated 27 Sep 2012 , 4:22pm by Vera-CupcakesGarden

Vera-CupcakesGarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vera-CupcakesGarden Posted 27 Sep 2012 , 1:09pm
post #1 of 5

Hi, I've started blog recently where I showcase wonderful cupcake recipes! I;ve found tons of beautiful images I've decided to write down my own recipes and made first cupcakes but I realized I mad awful images ! I have nice camera Cannon Eos 1000 but...

Does anyone have some great advice about taking cupcakes photos.

Best regards

Vera

4 replies
Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 27 Sep 2012 , 1:19pm
post #2 of 5

I'd say get really close, use strong light from different directions (not the camera's own flash if it has one) and frame your pics at crazy angles: looking up at them, looking straigt down on them... play about and have fun and you'll get some great ones icon_smile.gif

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 27 Sep 2012 , 1:40pm
post #3 of 5

Read your camera manual (find it online...) because there is a setting for close-up pictures that works MUCH better than the general setting even with zoom.

On Nikon cameras it's in the "scene" menu and the icon is a little flower...and boy does it take SUPER close-up pictures.

The other thing to remember about digital pics is that the camera tries to auto-focus on the brightest feature, so being careful about your light source will make a difference.

mhcl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhcl Posted 27 Sep 2012 , 2:04pm
post #4 of 5

Check out the Rule of Thirds. It's a grid that helps with placement of the object in pictures. For example, those who read left to right will first look at a picture from the left to the right, so a single object will flow better to the eye when placed on the left. It's quite interesting to read how the eye thinks.
Also, I'd go with what Crazy-Gray said about angles. Even the slightest angle can make a huge difference, as can natural or slightly filtered light.
I look forward to checking out you blog!

Vera-CupcakesGarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vera-CupcakesGarden Posted 27 Sep 2012 , 4:22pm
post #5 of 5

Yes , great advices! I will try to used them! The best problem was light and shadow! Also I had a problem with making great background composition! It looks so easy when you watch some great photos but hart when you want to make your own icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%