Gumpaste Flower Bouquet

Decorating By MarisParis Updated 1 Oct 2012 , 5:18pm by MarisParis

MarisParis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MarisParis Posted 26 Sep 2012 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 3

Hi there! I have been searching and searching... can someone help me or direct me to a good tutorial on how to arrange a gumpaste flower bouquet (I have made peonies, roses, hydrangea, jasmine, and berries with wires) and then insert it on the side of a cake (without it tearing out from the weight)?
Do you arrange them first, tape them together, and then stick into the cake? Or stick in the biggest flower (peony) and then add filler flowers around that?
And at what angles do you insert the flowers into the cake so that gravity won't pull them down?
Greatly appreciative of any direction!!! Here is an example of what I wish to do (flower bouquets in the side of a cake, not on the top). Thanks!

http://media.cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/440713/600-5_tier_Spring_Bouquet.jpg
LL

2 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 27 Sep 2012 , 3:19am
post #2 of 3

Hi, i have, on the sides of fake cakes, covered a piece of styrofoam with fondant. Then glue it to your cake with sugar glue of some type. I actually made my glue by melting some fondant with water. I wanted it to be thicker than regular sugar glue. Then i put the flowers (toothpick, wire or whatever they were on) into this fondant covered styrofoam.I do this for the tops of fondant covered cakes also ( fake or real cakes. Of course , you cut the wires or toothpicks to fit the styrofoam. works really great. hth

MarisParis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MarisParis Posted 1 Oct 2012 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you! I will have to try that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%