Your Favorite Chocolate Cake Recipe?

Baking By jamesyay Updated 10 Oct 2012 , 5:46pm by cakes4ck

jamesyay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamesyay Posted 25 Sep 2012 , 8:31pm
post #1 of 3

Okay, I've tried quite a few different chocolate cake recipes (none of which were from this website) and I really only liked one of them, but still wasn't amazed with the results. So, what are your favorite recipes for chocolate cake?

The main thing I want is a light, fluffy cake that rises quite a bit but still has a nice chocolate flavor.

Thanks a ton!

2 replies
ymmat77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ymmat77 Posted 10 Oct 2012 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 3

This may already be on this site, but it's the one I use for everything!!!! I get tons of compliments all of the time. Be careful when making cupcakes, it rises alot. I have it in pastry weights somewhere, but can't find it on this computer.

One Bowl Chocolate Cake -Tammy Sparks (adapted from Martha Stewarts) Makes two layer nine inch cake or approx 30 cupcakes.

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 1/2 tsps. baking soda
1 1/4 tsps. baking powder
1 1/4 tsps. salt
3 large whole eggs
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsps. vegetable oil
1 1/4 tsps. vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups warm water

Preheat the oven to 350F. Line your muffin pans with paper liners or spray your cake pans (two nine inch cake pans lined with waxed paper and sprayed with Pam) .

Sift/whisk together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
Add the eggs, milk, oil, vanilla and water, and beat with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth and combined (about 3 minutes). Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups (about 2/3 full) or cake pans.

Bake until a knife/toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. 16 to 18 minutes for cupcakes 28-30 min. for cake pans.

cakes4ck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes4ck Posted 10 Oct 2012 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 3

I also am looking for a great chocolate recipe. Will give this one a try. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%