Lambeth Method Tutorials?

Decorating By Sherri2012 Updated 26 Sep 2012 , 12:19am by Sherri2012

Sherri2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherri2012 Posted 23 Sep 2012 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 8

I know this method is one many people want to learn, myself included. I have browsed through some of the cakes in the gallery( there's not too many, but some GREAT ones!) - I read in a lot of the comments on those cakes people asking about tutorials. Has anyone ever found any? I checked Amazon for the book by Lambeth, and sad to say, I don't have the extra $250.00 to buy the book from private sellers! lol Drat! I wish I DID! But, anyways, I know someone in one of the posts mentioned seeing a tutorial on another site somewhere. I'd sure love to find it, but have had no luck.

I also read that usually people do the Lambeth Method first, then the Australian Method, because the Australian rooted from the Lambeth. Do you think it needs to be learned first?

Thanks for reading my post!

7 replies
MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 23 Sep 2012 , 9:31pm
post #2 of 8
MsGF Posted 23 Sep 2012 , 9:34pm
post #3 of 8

Here is a picture tutorial.

http://www.sifbeth.dk/lambethtut.html

Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 23 Sep 2012 , 9:36pm
post #4 of 8

The only tutorial I have been able to find is this one:
http://www.sifbeth.dk/lambethtut.html

MsGF Posted 23 Sep 2012 , 9:36pm
post #5 of 8

Google Lambeth Method Tutorial

I did and came up with lots of stuff.

Give it a try.

Sherri2012 Posted 23 Sep 2012 , 9:48pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you very much! - When I google it, I have not been able to find actual tutorials, just info. But thanks! icon_smile.gif Ill keep trying, after I look at your links! Thanks again.

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 25 Sep 2012 , 3:49pm
post #7 of 8

Buy Sir Eddie Spence's book on royal icing and work your way through that. THOSE are the skills you need for Lambeth work. The book is reasonably discounted on amazon and extremely well illustrated.

Or else you can buy the Wilton Way Volume II that shows the basics of all related methods--British, Australian, Suoth Africa, and Lambeth. DO NOT pay more than $30 for this book. Look on abebooks.com first for used books, I have always got 100% satisfaction at a very good price.

I have the Lambeth book (it can be bought for less than $200 if you keep looking).

Sherri2012 Posted 26 Sep 2012 , 12:19am
post #8 of 8

Thank you Irene. I'll do that! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%