My First Caketastrophy!

Decorating By princesscatt Updated 27 Sep 2012 , 12:55pm by Cathrine123

princesscatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesscatt Posted 23 Sep 2012 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 5

I have been making cakes for three years now and it finally happened. I wrote the wrong date down for a party and almost ruined a sweet sixteen. An old friend had asked me about a cake in July. Between then and now everything that could happen did. My mother had a stroke, basement flooded, work got crazy and I got overwhelmed. I had iced the cake yesterday thinking the party was today. Went out for dinner last night and did not bring my phone (never went back in to get it, had my family with me). When I came home I had several texts and messages. I called them immediately and as expected she was pissed. It was 8:30 and the party was on till 11. I put the cake together as fast as I could and drove it over. Someone met me outside (not her) and I handed it over. I wanted to go inside but did not want to meet the angry mob waiting for me. I did not charge her for the cake. Sent an email last night expressing my apology but got no response. It was an honest mistake but could have been a complete disaster had the cake not been iced. Nothing else to say but LESSON LEARNED. the hard way as usual![/quote]

4 replies
Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 23 Sep 2012 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 5

Oh no!

That has never happened to me, thank goodness!

It sounds like you did the best you could and of course you would never charge for that cake!

aandsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aandsmommy Posted 27 Sep 2012 , 1:01am
post #3 of 5

icon_sad.gif....I am so sorry. It happens to the best of us. You did the right thing. I know it is hard, but pick yourself back up and try to move on. Remember, you are only human...we ALL make mistakes!

cakecraving Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraving Posted 27 Sep 2012 , 2:35am
post #4 of 5

Oh no that sucks. I'm sorry this happened to you. Hopefully her free cake rocked and you will get a new customer for life. Maybe in a few years you will look back and laugh maybe.

Cathrine123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathrine123 Posted 27 Sep 2012 , 12:55pm
post #5 of 5

Sorry to hear that this happened, I am sure that everyone was talking how good it tasted icon_biggrin.gif Like cakecraving said you could have potential new customers icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%