pinkrib Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkrib Posted 22 Sep 2012 , 5:43am
post #1 of 8

hi,please give ideas on watermarking of photos for use online.thanks

7 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 22 Sep 2012 , 8:55am
post #2 of 8

Do you mean you want us to teach you how to do it?

I'm all typed out, and have used my word limit for today.

You can find "ideas" and instructions on google.

debidehm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debidehm Posted 22 Sep 2012 , 2:01pm
post #3 of 8

Since I have an abundance of words left over from yesterday, I'll try to help you.

I download my pictures (in a program called Picasa- you can download it free) and one of the things you can do is add text. You can add whatever text you want, then change the transparency to lightened it up. There's your watermark! That's the way I've done it before anyway. icon_smile.gif

Blueridgebuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Blueridgebuttercream Posted 22 Sep 2012 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 8

Hi pinkrib,

You can also do a quick and dirty watermark just by opening your picture in paint, and using the text box with the transparent setting. Nothing fancy, but it'll get the job done.

And, seriously people, if you can't think of anything nice or helpful to say, there is no obligation to reply. It's a forum - if it's not for asking questions, what is it for? Being snippy and contemptuous to a newbie who's never done a thing to you is really not acceptable behavior.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 22 Sep 2012 , 3:27pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueridgebuttercream

And, seriously people, if you can't think of anything nice or helpful to say, there is no obligation to reply. It's a forum - if it's not for asking questions, what is it for? Being snippy and contemptuous to a newbie who's never done a thing to you is really not acceptable behavior.

I stand by my reply... google is your friend -- there are many tutorials (with screenshots) available to find out how to do something instantly without all the back and forth questions and answers on a forum where those who may read it are probably not experts anyway. Besides, the work has already been done (by someone with the knowledge to write the tutorial), so there's no need to spend time trying to reinvent the wheel. I've wasted plenty of time answering these types of questions (publicly and privately), only to discover the instructions were readily available online.

It's the business forum, and I gave my best business (and appropriate) advice. Newbie or not (member since 2007), I'd give the same answer again. I'm serious, and not being snippy.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 22 Sep 2012 , 7:30pm
post #7 of 8

This is the tutorial I used to learn:

http://www.all-things-photography.com/add-a-watermark.html

johnrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnrobin Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 10:22am
post #8 of 8

informative post.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%