Is It "hard" To Make Nice Gum Paste Hydrangeas?

Decorating By Wildgirl Updated 29 Sep 2012 , 9:21am by arlenej

Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 22 Sep 2012 , 2:36am
post #1 of 2

I'm sitting here patiently waiting for my craftsy tute to load.... slowly running out of time for this cake... I have my gum paste made, my cutters and molds and even petal dusts ready - just need the instruction. I'm starting to get nervous about running out of time to get them made - and made nicely. How huge is the learning curve? I think I'm going to avoid using wires this time - I saw a gorgeous hydrangea cake that had the individual flowerlets all over the top and partially down the sides of each tier and I think I'm going to go for that look - so that's one technique I won't have to worry about right now. As long as I can use royal icing for the centers since I've already colored all of the gumpaste purple. icon_eek.gif

They're fairly simple, right?

Oh - have you heard anything about a possible American Airlines strike? A friend left a msg that they're going on strike.... I hope not. That's the airlines I'm taking home on Friday - when I have to finish this cake. Of course.

1 reply
arlenej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arlenej Posted 29 Sep 2012 , 9:21am
post #2 of 2

Go to Cakefu.com NOW and check out the replay with Jennifer Dontz. Replays are only available for a short time so you should go NOW. She walks you through her gumpaste hydrangeas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%