Start Up - Equipment List

Business By KsCakes09 Updated 21 Sep 2012 , 7:04am by scp1127

KsCakes09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KsCakes09 Posted 21 Sep 2012 , 12:57am
post #1 of 4

can anyone give suggestion on a list of equipment needed to start up a small cake, cupcake shop? How many cake pans should you have? mixers? work tables? cupcake pans etc. Anyone know if there is a website that helps out with this info? Thanks!

3 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 21 Sep 2012 , 6:10am
post #2 of 4

We don't know your idea of "small", as in small square footage storefront without much room for equipment and supplies, or small meaning a business that isn't very productive?

I would think you'd already own enough cake pans, if you're considering opening a shop, and this information would be included in your business plan.

I made a list in this thread (business expenses):
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=707078&highlight=startup
I hope you find it helpful.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 21 Sep 2012 , 7:02am
post #3 of 4

I'll try to help with the work tables. I use them as individual stations. I have three. The size is 30 x 72 with the bottom shelf. Each has everything to bake, including a mixer. This is good for two reasons. You can have two or more projects going at one time, or if you choose to add employees, there is room.

As for the rest, refer to your business plan concerning output needed and capacity. This will give you the minimums on numbers of pans, etc.

If you have not written a business plan, start the process. This may take a few months to complete. But once you have the information, the costs, your prices, equipment needed, etc., will fall into place.

I have tons of old posts about how to do a business plan. But if you get stuck, many CC members will be available to help.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 21 Sep 2012 , 7:04am
post #4 of 4

Duplicate post

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%