New App For Cakes, Anyone Tried It?

Decorating By Addictive_desserts Updated 6 Apr 2014 , 3:30pm by Katebaker

mccdelc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccdelc Posted 31 Mar 2013 , 5:40am
post #31 of 36

hi there! will this app be available for droid anytime soon? it sounds amazing!

catt11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catt11 Posted 31 Mar 2013 , 9:59am
post #32 of 36

Please have one for the android users. I would love to have that:-) 

jenbug1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbug1 Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 3:01am
post #33 of 36

AHi Kaat, Mccdelc and Catt11 I'm sorry to say that as of now my husband has no plans to bring the apps to Android. He has a full time job that has nothing to do with app development and he develops the apps in his spare time. We also have a little baby girl that takes a lot of our time. He always hates telling Android users no, but he really just doesn't have the time or resources to work on other platforms.

He is currently working on major updates to both TieredCaker and SheetCaker that are very exciting! After that, he will continue with new apps that are planned for the Calculated Cakes suite. I'm sorry this is probably not what you would like to hear, but I hope it helps explain why the apps are only on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices.

SweetMelissa730 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetMelissa730 Posted 6 Apr 2013 , 8:01am
post #34 of 36

Any idea when the new update will be coming out? I'm planning on purchasing this app on my iPad.

jenbug1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbug1 Posted 1 Jun 2013 , 10:48pm
post #35 of 36

Asweetmelissa730 I'm sorry I must have missed your reply somehow! Chris has not set a release date for the app updates but he is working hard to get them done as quickly as possible. If you sign up for our mailing list on our website you can get a notification on app updates and new app releases.

Our site just got a upgraded look with some new information about the company and some teasers about the app updates. Here is what he had to say about the TieredCaker update:

Version 2 of TieredCaker is currently under active development. Some of the exciting new features in the update include 3D models of your stacked cakes, straight-line style cutting guides (including cutting guides for custom serving sizes), an improved user interface, and more!

If you already own the apps, updates are always free! I'm so excited about the 3D models of the cakes! It will be so great to show clients the look of a round two tier cake vs. a square two tier (or a million other combos) to help them decide what they want. Very exciting!!

Katebaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katebaker Posted 6 Apr 2014 , 3:30pm
post #36 of 36

Hi,

Is this the app from www.bakingit.com. If it is I would recommend it. I started off by signing up and using the website first as this is a free tool, it's brilliant and has loads of great calculators. I then decided to get the apps as it's handy to have with me out and about. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%