Duplicate Post - Apology Letter

Business By aandsmommy Updated 18 Sep 2012 , 1:59am by costumeczar

aandsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aandsmommy Posted 17 Sep 2012 , 12:37pm
post #1 of 3

Sorry everyone...I think this post makes more sense here...I put it in the disasters forum, but it wasn't a disaster...just a mistake. Thanks for helping!

Hi everyone! I delivered a cake yesterday that was supposed to be done in buttercream (it was 4 tiers separated with flowers) and I just plain forgot that the groom was not a fan of fondant. It had so many flowers on it and was not the most stable cake, so I felt the fondant helped with stability. Anyhow she mentioned it to her planner and I would like to follow up. Just not sure what to say and if I should offer anything.

Thank you!

2 replies
vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 17 Sep 2012 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aandsmommy

Sorry everyone...I think this post makes more sense here...I put it in the disasters forum, but it wasn't a disaster...just a mistake. Thanks for helping!

Hi everyone! I delivered a cake yesterday that was supposed to be done in buttercream (it was 4 tiers separated with flowers) and I just plain forgot that the groom was not a fan of fondant. It had so many flowers on it and was not the most stable cake, so I felt the fondant helped with stability. Anyhow she mentioned it to her planner and I would like to follow up. Just not sure what to say and if I should offer anything.

Thank you!

You gave the customer a product that they, not only, did not order but made clear that they (the groom especially) did not like. What you felt about stability should have been discussed at the consultation before accepting to take their money.

I would be pissed if a vendor did this to me, and I would not be going through any planner to make my displeasure known.

Own up to it, explain about the stability issues you did not anticipate, and offer them some really good compensation, preferably not money... more like what they asked for in the first place: A buttercream cake.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 1:59am
post #3 of 3

Personally, I'd figure out what the difference between the fondant and buttercream cost would be, and offer them that as a refund. As long as you address it first and don't wait to be contacted by them, apologize and admit your msitake,they might be happy with that. Be proactive.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%