Almost Sent Me Over The Edge!

Decorating By funtodecorate2 Updated 14 Sep 2012 , 4:10pm by inspiredbymom

funtodecorate2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtodecorate2 Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 12:33am
post #1 of 7

Ok, first time ever making High Top cupcakes. My youngest son is leaving for college Sunday. Between the both I almost went over the edge emotionally. We are having a family dinner tonight. I wanted so badly to try these . Well between watching him pack, and the white fluffy stuff falling off in the chocolate I just ended up in tears.. Everything I read says it is easier than you would think to make these. Followed direction but ended up spooning the choc on . I'm sure they will taste good but not at all like they were suppose to be. Hope I can hold myself together at the family dinner tonight icon_sad.gif.
bring on the cake orders please so I can stay busy for the next few weeks till my empty nest simmers down.
sorry just had to vent icon_cry.gif

6 replies
metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 1:05am
post #2 of 7

BIG HUG!

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 1:45am
post #3 of 7

Oh, my, I feel your pain! My son moved out a few weeks ago to attend law school. We were going to help with the move and the same weekend I had an 8 tiered wedding cake along with catering a sit down banquet for 250. I had a major melt down!!! Wanted to get out of the business, but after I had time to cool off and get through the next few weeks, it got better.

I never thought that the empty nest would be so hard!!! Hang in there!

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 3:53am
post #4 of 7

My "baby" who had been under foot for 18 and 1/2 years left last year to go to Navy boot camp. In 2 months, I got to talk to him twice. We got to spend 1 afternoon with him the day he graduated, and met him at the airport at 5 the next morning to see him off to school. We got to see him at Christmas and went to his graduation in August. Don't know where my little man disappeared to so suddenly.

Keep busy with other things, Mom, and stay in touch with him. He still loves you dearly. This is what we're supposed to be preparing them for - - spreading their wings and flying on their own.

funtodecorate2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtodecorate2 Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 2:03pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks you guys for the encouragement icon_smile.gif

BTW the high top cupcakes were devoured. icon_smile.gif They looked a little weird but everyone said they tasted great.

have a great day

cakecraving Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraving Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 2:33pm
post #6 of 7

I'm sorry I can't imagine what you are going through. I had a breakdown because my oldest is now in jr high. Sending warm wishes.

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 4:10pm
post #7 of 7

Big hugs to you. My oldest will be doing this soon. I still have 3 young ones to keep me busy though. Keep your head up and be proud. You must have brought him up right! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%