Festival- How Many?

Business By VCVCCupcakes Updated 30 Mar 2013 , 12:34am by havealittle

VCVCCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VCVCCupcakes Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 5:26pm
post #1 of 5

Hi All,

I have recently done a farmers market. It is a tiny one. I usually sell about 40-50 cupcakes in the span of 4 hours. But it is VERY low traffic. This weekend I am attending a festival. Weather outlook is perfect about 75 with low humidity. The festival is expecting about 1500-2000 guests. How many cupcakes would you bring to sell and why? I would rather sell out... than have leftovers. Ideas???

Thanks!

4 replies
jamesyay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamesyay Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 5

What type of festival is this? Do you know about what other food will be available (standard greasy fair food probably)? You need to remember to make your cupcakes LOOK absolutely perfect and delicious, presentation is key for these events...

VCVCCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VCVCCupcakes Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 1:40am
post #3 of 5

It is a harvest festival. The only other "Deserts" available will be slush and cannoli. There will also be burgers and pizza. There is a ton of kids activities too, train rides, bounce house, touch a truck, Chinese dancers,and other performances.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 1:55am
post #4 of 5

It's been my experience with the Dessert Truck that about 10% of attendees will buy dessert.

havealittle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
havealittle Posted 30 Mar 2013 , 12:34am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCVCCupcakes 

Hi All,

I have recently done a farmers market. It is a tiny one. I usually sell about 40-50 cupcakes in the span of 4 hours. But it is VERY low traffic. This weekend I am attending a festival. Weather outlook is perfect about 75 with low humidity. The festival is expecting about 1500-2000 guests. How many cupcakes would you bring to sell and why? I would rather sell out... than have leftovers. Ideas???

Thanks!

How did you event go? Any lessons learned? I am going to be at a festival next month, with the same numbers...just wondering. 

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%