Whipped Frosting

Baking By kewaters Updated 13 Sep 2012 , 3:46pm by kewaters

kewaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kewaters Posted 12 Sep 2012 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 6

i have a customer that is requesting a whipped frosting vs. regular buttercream. it will be on a sheet cake and have just a few piping decorations. Does anyone have a good recipe, tips, etc.?

5 replies
Crowsbutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crowsbutterfly Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 1:41am
post #2 of 6

I'm glad you asked this question, I've been thinking about the same thing! Sorry I can't help but I'm looking forward to seeing some replies icon_biggrin.gif

lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 6:48am
post #3 of 6

I have a customer requesting 'whipped' frosting as well. I am telling her that I have American or a Swiss meringue frosting in my buttercream selection. I could do a stabilized whipped cream for a dessert cake, but for a buttercream decorated cake, I don't use the Whipped frosting. Using a Bettercream or other type of product doesn't fit into my business model, so I have no problem redirecting them to what I can do that they will enjoy the taste of. (and try to find the reason behind the request for whipped...perhaps they see it as the only option to a super-sweet supermarket style american buttercream. If it is less gland-grabbing sweet they want, then I will use a SMBC.)

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 12:32pm
post #4 of 6

http://cakecentral.com/recipe/whipped-cream-buttercream-frosting

This is a good recipe. I have used it with butter, shortening, and a combination of the two. Just don't use the Wilton brand meringue powder because it will make the icing taste sour.

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 12:57pm
post #5 of 6

I found this recipe here on CC, It works very well and holds up nicly.

http://cakecentral.com/recipe/amazing-stabilized-whipping-cream

kewaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kewaters Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 3:46pm
post #6 of 6

thanks everyone for the feedback!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%