Cricut Cake Help

Decorating By maggie1965 Updated 10 Sep 2012 , 4:58pm by maggie1965

maggie1965 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggie1965 Posted 10 Sep 2012 , 12:10pm
post #1 of 5

I am contemplating buying thr cricut cake, but i have heard loads of people say they wish they hadnt bought theirs, i was just wondering if any of you have any advice icon_smile.gif

4 replies
MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 10 Sep 2012 , 12:43pm
post #2 of 5

I have the Cricut Cake. If I had to do it over again I would buy the Silhouette.

nicunurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicunurse Posted 10 Sep 2012 , 12:47pm
post #3 of 5

I have it as well. I don't use it as often as I thought I would, and it does take alot of practice getting your medium right so it cuts well. I have had success by using the tips here on CC. All in all, I feel it's nice to have, but sometimes it's more trouble then it's worth.

funtodecorate2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtodecorate2 Posted 10 Sep 2012 , 2:22pm
post #4 of 5

I have the cricit. After playing around and reading tips on here as well I have found the 50/50 mix works the best. I don't know much about the other brands but the cartridges are expensive for the cricit. I was in walmart the other day and ran across a wild life cartridge marked 20.00. I grabbed it thinking thats the cheapest I've ever seen. When I got up to the checkout it rang up for 10.00. yippy!
I was even more excited. Then 3 days ago a friend of mine had accidently bought a duplicate cartridge and gave me one! I'm up to 5 cartridges now and have a pretty good selection. However, I think the wilton sugar sheets are a waste of money and very costly so if I were you i'd stick with the 50/50 mix and have some fun.
Wendy icon_smile.gif

maggie1965 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggie1965 Posted 10 Sep 2012 , 4:58pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks Ladies xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%