Confused Between Candy Melts/thinned Icing/chocolate

Sugar Work By bloch Updated 8 Sep 2012 , 11:22pm by cakefan92

bloch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bloch Posted 8 Sep 2012 , 8:49am
post #1 of 2

Candy melts are expensive in India. So I am confused as what to use for cake pops. Should I use thinned icing cause I saw it on the wilton website or chocolate with cocoa butter in it and if someone can please tell me how much cocoa butter to put in like in a 100/150 gms of white chocolate. Im ordering candy molds also so will I be able to get the same effect through chocolate. Please help !!!

1 reply
cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 8 Sep 2012 , 11:22pm
post #2 of 2

If you can get chocolate chips or block chocolate, you can use this as well. Just stir in a couple of tablespoons of butter to about 12 ounces after it is melted. The same for white chocolate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%