Shipping Gumpaste Flowers

Decorating By Punkilicious Updated 2 Sep 2012 , 11:17pm by costumeczar

Punkilicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Punkilicious Posted 2 Sep 2012 , 1:56am
post #1 of 4

Alright, I have some simple five petal flowers that I need to ship. They are about an inch in diameter and have been dried in a former so that the flower is cupped. I purchased some foam to place the flowers on to ship, but i am afraid that the foam is too stiff to place on top of them. It will just break them. Any suggestions for protecting the flowers durring shipping?

As always your help is greatly appreciated!!!

3 replies
southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 2 Sep 2012 , 2:47am
post #2 of 4

I haven't shipped sugar paste flowers but I did once have several dozen shipped to me and they all arrived in perfect order. The shipper lined the box with bubblewrap then put the flowers in a small box filled with shredded white tissue paper and put the shredded tissue paper on the top . the flowers didn't seem to shift about at all and the tissue shreds cushioned them without any breaks. Now I admit that the commercial flowers weren't a thin as those I now make so they may have withstood more jostling. But the varieties included roses, daisies, apple blossoms, tiger lilies and carnations.
If yours are cupped you might consider placing them in cups made of aluminum foil for added support before putting them in with the tissue shreds.

Good luck

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 2 Sep 2012 , 8:57pm
post #3 of 4

Gently wrap in tissue paper and cover with bubble wrap. I didn't have time to make flowers for a cake a couple of years ago so I ordered some from Maine. This was how she wrapped them and they made it in one piece to CA.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 2 Sep 2012 , 11:17pm
post #4 of 4

I ship gumpaste all the time through my Etsy store...The best way is to get that Saran Wrap that clings to itself and lay a piece of it down, then put the flowers on it. Cover them with another piece of plastic wrap and press down between each flower to make a little packet around each one, That will keep them from moving around in transit. Then pack them with something soft in between each layer of flowers.

Or use the foam mattress eggshell pads and put the flowers in the compartments. Wrap them in plastic to keep them from shifting and stack the pads, then put them in a box that has padding around the foam pads.

Dont' use a box larger than 12x12x12 or the post office will charge you for an oversized box.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%