When To Frost Small Cakes In Mason Jars?

Decorating By gingameggs

gingameggs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingameggs Posted 1 Sep 2012 , 12:46am
post #1 of 1

Hi everyone!

I am baking approx 90 small cakes in mason jars for a wedding coming up, and while I know I will get it done, I just don't have a ton of free time! The wedding is on Saturday, but Friday we will be busy setting up and decorating. I am baking (and freezing) the cakes this weekend, but when it comes time to frost, when should I do it? Either the Tuesday or Wednesday before the party would be best, but I can possibly do it on Thursday as well if needed. We are just doing a plain buttercream and/or a fudge frosting (if I find a recipe by then). If anyone has an easy (and tasty!) fudge frosting recipe they don't mind sharing, I would love to use it! And if anyone can help me figure out just how much buttercream frosting that I would need to do this many? I was going to triple my recipe that makes 1 quart if I can use the big mixer at work. Wasn't sure if that would be enough though. Then again, I tend to think I always need more and wind up with a ton extra that my coworkers love to just eat with a spoon, haha!

My cakes will be similar to these:

Thanks!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%