Attaching Fondant Decorations To Bc

Decorating By gimmesugar Updated 30 Aug 2012 , 9:15pm by lorieleann

gimmesugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gimmesugar Posted 30 Aug 2012 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 3

I know there's a lot of posts out there on this but I'm in a time crunch! icon_eek.gif

I'm working on a cake tonight and will be making 2"x2" fondant decorations and want to apply them to a cake frosted in ABC. The BC itself has crusted. The fondant pieces shouldn't be too heavy but does anyone know if it's necessary to let my fondant decorations dry for a couple of days before putting them on the cake? I really plan to let them dry more like 1 hour, then stick them on there. If that's too risky I'll pipe the decorations out of BC. Thanks in advance!!

2 replies
jones5cm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jones5cm Posted 30 Aug 2012 , 7:38pm
post #2 of 3

If its not necessary for the fondant decorations to stand out/up from the cake, you can simply wet the back side of the fondant and apply them to your crusted BC. If that won't stick, try using a little edible glue (tylose & water mixture). HTH!

lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 30 Aug 2012 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 3

you can stick fondant to crusted ABC with a tiny dab of water, lemon extract, vodka, piping gel, and i even use buttercream. (i do work on cold buttercream cakes though, if the ABC is a soft room temp, then the buttercream may be too heavy)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%