Iso: Stainless Steel Cookie Sheets

Baking By puzzlegut Updated 27 Dec 2014 , 10:12pm by MimiFix

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 27 Aug 2012 , 11:30pm
post #1 of 9

I'm looking to buy some stainless steel cookie sheets, 12x18x1". Does anyone know of any good website to buy them? Also, has anyone had any experiences with stainless steel cookie sheets and do they bake just as well as aluminum cookie sheets? Thank you.

8 replies
Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 27 Aug 2012 , 11:57pm
post #2 of 9

I have some stainless steel cookie sheets -but more like the jelly roll size (10" x 15") made by Revere Ware. They are lot heavier than aluminum and shinier. I haven't used them often for cookies - more for jelly roll type cakes (ie pumpkin rolls.) Because they are shiny, the bottoms of the cookies get brown. I think I purchased them at a cooking store at an outlet mall. High end department stores used to carry the Revere Ware stainless cake pans, pie pans and cookie sheets - but haven't seen them for a while.

trebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trebakes Posted 28 Aug 2012 , 12:05am
post #3 of 9

Have you tried ebay?

watacookinsista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
watacookinsista Posted 27 Dec 2014 , 8:34pm
post #4 of 9

I have a Revere Ware stainless cookie sheet with sides and lip handles that I have had since the late 80's or early 90's.  It is superb.  Food doesn't stick to it and the clean-up is extremely easy.  I only purchased 1 and now wish I had purchased at least 2.  I can't find it anymore....anywhere, not even online.  Revere Ware still makes cookware, but, I guess not that cookie sheet...might be a jelly roll pan...I'm not sure the difference.  I am looking for new stainless steel cookie sheets with sides.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
watacookinsista Posted 27 Dec 2014 , 8:49pm
post #6 of 9

Occther,  I didn't see your reply before I joined and posted mine.  I am also in Dayton, Oh.  I purchased mine at Lasrus (Old Rikes) downtown when it was closing.  It is good for cookies.  I have baked cookies, biscuits, parker house yeast rolls as well as broiled chicken, steak and lamb chops.  I don't give up easily so I will keep looking...I'm even hoping to find it at a garage/estate sale.  

To Puzzlegut.  I think stainless steel cookie sheets bake as well as aluminum.  I have and use both.  I actually prefer the ss.    

watacookinsista Posted 27 Dec 2014 , 8:57pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks for the info on the ss cookie sheet/jelly roll pan.  You are so right.  What 1 person doesn't like another just loves.  Go figure.  That just confirms the adage "different strokes for different folks".  

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 27 Dec 2014 , 10:12pm
post #9 of 9

Also try Webstaurant. They have a large selection in a range of prices and quality.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%