How To Get Pictures Big Enough To Post

Lounge By IndyTiff Updated 13 Sep 2012 , 11:51am by Crazy-Gray

IndyTiff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IndyTiff Posted 27 Aug 2012 , 1:31am
post #1 of 5

I've been on here for awhile, but I can never get my photos to post. It always says they are too small. I don't understand what the problem is and how to get them bigger. Can anyone help me? I've made a lot of cute cakes recently that I'd love to post.

4 replies
doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 2 Sep 2012 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 5

We are in the same boat! I recently bought a camera and I didn't pay attention to the size of the picture so when I try to post it, CC says it's too small. Does anyone know if the settings can be fiddled with on the camera? I tried to fiddle with the settings on my computer, but got funky pictures (see the round Spongebob cake in my photos). At least it posted. I have a Canon Power Shot a1200.

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 6 Sep 2012 , 12:33am
post #3 of 5

I've had the same problem with pictures that I have taken on my phone and try to upload with my macbook. However, today I put them on my toshiba and was able to upload all of the pictures that were "too small" to upload on my mac. Who knows why!!!!

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 10:54am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by doramoreno62

We are in the same boat! I recently bought a camera and I didn't pay attention to the size of the picture so when I try to post it, CC says it's too small. Does anyone know if the settings can be fiddled with on the camera? I tried to fiddle with the settings on my computer, but got funky pictures (see the round Spongebob cake in my photos). At least it posted. I have a Canon Power Shot a1200.

Yes you are probably taking your photos at the lowest quality. The lower the quality, the smaller the size and the more you will fit on the memory card. There should be a setting on your camera to change the quality, sorry to not be more help but I would expect it to be in the menu.

Just did some searching, not sure if this will be right but you could try the directions on this link:
http://www.retrevo.com/pdf/23882ci173/50/Changing+the+Image+Quality#q=Canon+A1200

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 11:51am
post #5 of 5

You can upload small images as attachments in a forum post as they must be below a certain size not above one, post something like "come see my cake..." and attach a pic.

You can also 'force' a low quality image larger by opening it in something like photoshop, corel draw, paint shop pro and changing the "image size" it will prob be in the edit menu. change the length/width value so niether is below 800pixels, save, and it should now be big enough to upload. the image will look very grainy but at least you can post it here till you get a better one icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%