New Beginner Looking For Advice On 3D Cake

Decorating By alkababba Updated 25 Aug 2012 , 10:11pm by alkababba

alkababba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alkababba Posted 25 Aug 2012 , 11:03am
post #1 of 3

Hi all, I'm New here. Ive been making cakes for a few months and iv only made about 7 fondant cakes. My friend told me she wanted this cake fir her sons 1st birthday that is the scout dog toy but the decorator said it was not possible in the time she has so I want to give it a go.

I'm thinking RCT for the arms and legs, hands and feet then just 3x the same size cake stacked onto one another, the last one on its side and carved so its more the head shape then stick a dowel in the middle and coming out of the RCT to attach to the body.

My question is do you think ill need to attach the dowel to the centre One to make it more stable For the arms or will it be ok? Any thoughts on how to accomplish this would be appreciated. the cake has a two hour drive ahead of it.

2 replies
eperales0411 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eperales0411 Posted 25 Aug 2012 , 1:33pm
post #2 of 3

Hi, I've make several 3D cakes, and I usually try to find 3D pans to make my cakes (I rather not carve when possible), so this is my sugestion... I would bake the cake in the Wilton bear pan, then just carve out to make you shape. I think this will save you time if your in a time crunch. I hope this helps!!

alkababba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alkababba Posted 25 Aug 2012 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks. icon_smile.gif that thought had crossed my mind but when I looked them up the bear isn't really the same shape as the toy I'm thinking of. Its heads a bit bidder than the neck and its actually a dog so doesn't have ears or anything also its arms stick out in front of it and are on stalk type arms and legs whereas I think the bottom bear had his little arms crossed there.. I have until the weekend so I'm thinking ill do a practice cake today and make the actual cake on Wednesday for Saturday (thats if it works, if not ill just cop out and do something easier, lol)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%