How Many Egg Whites For Doctored "white" Cake

Baking By bakincakin Updated 27 Aug 2012 , 1:43pm by Baker_Rose

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 23 Aug 2012 , 6:33pm
post #1 of 3

My sister is insisting on "all white" cupcakes and cupcake cake for my niece's 1st birthday pictures. I normally add 4 eggs and pudding, but she wants pure white, so it's not so messy. I'm so tempted to stuff the cupcake cake full of fudge!

How many egg whites would equal 4 normal eggs?

Thanks
Karen

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 12:58am
post #2 of 3

Just remove the yolks from the eggs and you will be fine.
I can't believe her request. Using yolks will NOT make the cake less white or "messy" IMHO. Using at least 1 yolk (2 would be even better!) will give the cake more body, texture and taste better.

Baker_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baker_Rose Posted 27 Aug 2012 , 1:43pm
post #3 of 3

4 large sized eggs is going to equal just under 1 liquid measure cup. I would use one whole egg, to help with structure and the rest whites. Just break one egg into your measuring cup and then add whites until you are just under the 1 cup line, it's going to be about 5 or 6 whites, depending on the eggs.

I just broke a few eggs over the weekend that were mostly yolk and had very little egg white in them, so I would go by measurement.

Plus, if you are used to using 4 whole eggs your recipe needs about 1 cup for moisture and body. But that one whole egg will make a difference in structure, yet it won't add too much, if any, color.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%