Has Anyone Used The Premade Tres Leches Milk?

Decorating By sweettreat101 Updated 12 Feb 2013 , 2:17am by NiteShade

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 23 Aug 2012 , 6:53am
post #1 of 8

I was comparing whipped toppings and notices a quart of premixed tres leches milks. Has anyone used this product and if so did you like it? Seems like it would be less expensive than buying three different milks and save time on the mixing too.

7 replies
Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 27 Aug 2012 , 5:47am
post #2 of 8

I just purchased a quart at Smart & Final. I was hoping to see if anyone answers your question. Maybe this will "bump" it up the line!

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 28 Aug 2012 , 7:15am
post #3 of 8

That's where I saw it too. I thought it would save time and a little money. I didn't get an answer so I bought the ingredients for my original recipe.

Apti Posted 28 Aug 2012 , 5:25pm
post #4 of 8

I'll try this same question on the Spanish speaking forum. If I get an answer, I'll report back!

NiteShade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NiteShade Posted 11 Feb 2013 , 5:11am
post #5 of 8

Hey guys I know this is waaaaay late but are you referring to the Festejos Tres Leches stuff? I 've tried it, taste is very nice alone but it does say you can additionally flavor it with rum and such things (something I haven't yet tried). And by alone I do mean on the cake lol. Just as you guys thought, simple to use and pocket friendly.icon_biggrin.gif

Apti Posted 11 Feb 2013 , 6:49am
post #6 of 8

Thanks NiteShade and welcome to the forum!  That is exactly the product I was asking about.  I never did get a reply.  I must admit that it is still in my freezer.....  Wonder if it is still good 6 months later.   

auntiecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecc Posted 11 Feb 2013 , 7:22am
post #7 of 8

ANo, I just use evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream.

NiteShade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NiteShade Posted 12 Feb 2013 , 2:17am
post #8 of 8

6 mos huh? Hmm I can't remember if it has a "best if used  by" date on these. But when we buy them they are already frozen for so long. I don't really think 6 extra mos would matter as long as it has been kept frozen the whole time. I personally would bust that baby out and let it thaw to check it out. You could try cutting the carton in half and letting just that one half thaw to check if you feel it's too much to use (if useable). Maybe you could have a cake ready just in case it IS still good so you can use it right away.

When I do buy it I almost always use it within a few days so I'm sorry I couldn't help w/that.

You could also just throw it out just to be safethumbs_up.gif.

Let me know how it goes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%