Due Tomorrow 9Am! Cake Due. No Flavor.

Decorating By BellaSweet Updated 22 Aug 2012 , 1:23pm by BellaSweet

BellaSweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaSweet Posted 22 Aug 2012 , 3:33am
post #1 of 9

OK. So I have a cake to deliver at 9 am tomorrow. My cake has been lovingly decorated and is all done waiting for delivery. It is a lemon cake from a recipe on this site. So my husband tasted some scraps 5 minutes ago and said that he could hart taste the lemon flavor at all. What do I do? Do I go to the store and redo to whole thing? Do I deliver and explain but not charge? Please, some send advise.

8 replies
BellaSweet Posted 22 Aug 2012 , 3:38am
post #2 of 9

Btw I can slightly taste the lemon. If that counts for anything. And the recipe got rabe reviews. It almost 10 stars! I'm just so confused. Do i trust cake baking palates or my hubby's palate? LOL

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 22 Aug 2012 , 3:51am
post #3 of 9

Flavors deepen overnight.

Don't say ANYTHING TO THE CLIENT. Deliver the cake and say thank you when the client tells you how beautiful it is.

If the client calls AFTER tasting the cake and says it didn't have enough lemon flavor, THAT'S when you do something.

Chefnme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chefnme Posted 22 Aug 2012 , 4:41am
post #4 of 9

I agree with Apti, just deliver and see if you get a call.

Addictive_desserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Addictive_desserts Posted 22 Aug 2012 , 6:13am
post #5 of 9

I agree too. We bakers tend to be more judgemental on our products!

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 22 Aug 2012 , 6:23am
post #6 of 9

The flavor will cure as it sets. I always try to bake my cakes 2-3 days before delivery. The become more moist and the flavor is enhanced. Lemon really does tend to deepen in taste as it sits.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 22 Aug 2012 , 12:45pm
post #7 of 9

I agree with the above posters... If you taste it, then don't obsess. Maybe your husband expected more.

Is there lemon flavor in the icing? Often, the lemon flavor in a cake recipe is subtle, but enhanced by the icing.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 22 Aug 2012 , 12:46pm
post #8 of 9

double post

BellaSweet Posted 22 Aug 2012 , 1:23pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you so much everyone! I appreciate the advice. I am going to deliver it and hope all goes well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%