Wasc Cupcakes

Baking By SweetNSassyTreats Updated 29 Sep 2012 , 12:23am by AnnieCahill

SweetNSassyTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetNSassyTreats Posted 17 Aug 2012 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 8

Should I attempt wasc cupcakes?? I heard they are not as good as the cake?? Also I want to try a new flavor extract. What will taste the best coconut or orange??

7 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 18 Aug 2012 , 1:02am
post #2 of 8

I use Wasc for cake and cupcakes and don't notice a difference really.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 18 Aug 2012 , 1:02am
post #3 of 8

Oh and I vote orangeicon_smile.gif I live citrus cakes.

Mommacoz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommacoz Posted 18 Aug 2012 , 1:05am
post #4 of 8

I use wasc for cupcakes all the time and they are everyone's favorites.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 18 Aug 2012 , 8:55am
post #5 of 8

I am going against the grain...I don't like WASC at all for cupcakes. To me, a cupcake should be just as dense as a regular piece of cake. I use the WASC all the time for freebie cakes. To me, the WASC cupcakes just don't bake up the same. They are super light and airy with a ton of holes, almost like a sponge. When you ice them they are way too top heavy. I have tried baking them all at different temperatures and always end up with the same results. I have also tried several variations of the WASC recipe with cupcakes and it's the same thing every time.

What works for me, is taking a mix, sifting it, cutting back on the liquid (I usually use coffee for chocolate or whole milk for other flavors) and adding an extra egg yolk in addition to the whole eggs called for on the box. The oil stays the same, and I usually add a half teaspoon of an emulsion or extract.

You just have to experiment and see if you like that texture for cupcakes. I don't like cupcakes at all so I may just be a difficult person to please. icon_smile.gif

SweetNSassyTreats Posted 21 Aug 2012 , 12:46pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you all so much!!!! Im gonna give em a try and see!

SweetNSassyTreats Posted 28 Sep 2012 , 8:06pm
post #7 of 8

Mad e the WASC cupcakes! And a ton of holes is an understatement! lol! How much liquid do you put in your recipe? I def. want to try it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieCahill

I am going against the grain...I don't like WASC at all for cupcakes. To me, a cupcake should be just as dense as a regular piece of cake. I use the WASC all the time for freebie cakes. To me, the WASC cupcakes just don't bake up the same. They are super light and airy with a ton of holes, almost like a sponge. When you ice them they are way too top heavy. I have tried baking them all at different temperatures and always end up with the same results. I have also tried several variations of the WASC recipe with cupcakes and it's the same thing every time.

What works for me, is taking a mix, sifting it, cutting back on the liquid (I usually use coffee for chocolate or whole milk for other flavors) and adding an extra egg yolk in addition to the whole eggs called for on the box. The oil stays the same, and I usually add a half teaspoon of an emulsion or extract.

You just have to experiment and see if you like that texture for cupcakes. I don't like cupcakes at all so I may just be a difficult person to please. icon_smile.gif

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 29 Sep 2012 , 12:23am
post #8 of 8

I usually just scale the liquid back by about 1/8 cup. I'm glad I'm not the only one who had problems using that recipe for cupcakes! The extra yolk adds more fat and density without making it rubbery. Egg whites are there for structure so I just add the extra yolk instead of the full egg.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%