Beginner Needing Advice!!!

Business By cipriano2713 Updated 18 Aug 2012 , 2:57am by MimiFix

cipriano2713 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cipriano2713 Posted 17 Aug 2012 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 5

I want to start up from home making cake and cookies --- its something that I have always loved to do and is a great creative outlet --- what would be your advice for a start up? What equipment is a must and where have you had the best luck with advertisement?

Thank you all so much for your help! I cannot wait to start this new adventure!

4 replies
rdjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rdjr Posted 17 Aug 2012 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 5

i would start out with buying some good cake pans, Figure out what flavors, recipes you will be using, or box mixies, fillings, and frostings. Than calculate your prices so that you dont undersell your product.

rdjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rdjr Posted 17 Aug 2012 , 5:39pm
post #3 of 5

Also, some must have equipment are decorating tips, icing bags, spatulas, and a turn table for starters.

cipriano2713 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cipriano2713 Posted 17 Aug 2012 , 6:10pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you! I have some tips and have been buying the disposeable bags (mainly because it seems easier) --- Turn table is next on the list and I want to work with fondant... whether I make marshmellow fondant or what not... I guess practice will make perfect.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 18 Aug 2012 , 2:57am
post #5 of 5

Exciting! And you live in a CFL state!! But I suggest you go slowly with purchases. It's easy to get excited and buy items we will hardly use. (I have an attic full of barely-used supplies.) I also suggest you spend as much time learning about the business end of starting a business. That will help as much as practicing your fondant technique. Good luck with your new venture.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%