Doubling Michele Foster's Fondant

Baking By krae0057 Updated 17 Aug 2012 , 3:52am by AZCouture

krae0057 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krae0057 Posted 15 Aug 2012 , 1:56am
post #1 of 5

Does anyone know if I can make a double-batch of MFF? Or do I need to make two separate batches?

Thanks!

4 replies
VanillaSky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VanillaSky Posted 16 Aug 2012 , 11:27am
post #2 of 5

I have never doubled the recipe but I don't see why the recipe itself could not be doubled SO LONG AS you have a mixer with enough power and capacity to handle. I have a 6 Qt Kitchen Aide Pro that I had for a while and it makes a half batch of MFF but struggled a bit with a whole batch. I bought a 7 Qt Commercial Kitchenaid earlier this year, which has a much stronger motor, and it handles a whole batch more easily. I feel like a double batch would stress the motor too much so I have not tried it.

kellyd01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyd01 Posted 17 Aug 2012 , 2:26am
post #3 of 5

I have a 5 quart and have done a double batch, but I always have a good bit of kneading once the mixer has done it's part. When I do a single batch I have very little kneading to do by hand.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 17 Aug 2012 , 3:52am
post #4 of 5

I doubled once with my 6 kt KA but I didn't care for the growling noises it made. So I just make two separate batches now.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 17 Aug 2012 , 3:52am
post #5 of 5

I doubled once with my 6 kt KA but I didn't care for the growling noises it made. So I just make two separate batches now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%