More Than 1 Wedding Cake A Week??????

Decorating By cckim Updated 12 Aug 2012 , 11:31pm by kakeladi

cckim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cckim Posted 12 Aug 2012 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 4

Just wondering how people manage to make more than 1 wedding cake in a week?? Are you freezing cakes ahead of time? Do they still taste good when frozen? Making frosting ahead of time?? Just wondering the best way to do this, I hear so many people say they do 2 or more wedding cakes in a week?? Thanks

3 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 12 Aug 2012 , 7:42pm
post #2 of 4

Yes, you can freeze layers ahead of time. They still taste good when thawed.

Yes, you can make frosting ahead of time. You have to do whatever it takes to keep up by planning ahead, and being well-prepared, otherwise you'll just have to function on little sleep. If you do what you can in advance in larger batches, it really isn't that much more work doing multiple wedding cakes while the mess is all out anyway.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 12 Aug 2012 , 8:45pm
post #3 of 4

It really depends on what kind of setup you are working in. I have a shop and I did one wedding on Friday and 6 on Saturday. This was my largest weekend of the summer probably, but almost no week has just one.

I do not freeze the cakes, just bake all on Wednesday, fill Thursday, and decorate Friday. It can make for long days, but this is my full time job.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Aug 2012 , 11:31pm
post #4 of 4

I have done as many as 5 wedding cakes in one weekend.
It all depends on the size of the order, the location and time of the delivery and how organized you can be.
Baking ahead & fzing makes a *GREAT!* tasting cake when they are packaged well. Make all icing and decoration ahead is what it takes You just have to plan *every* little detail......coverning boards, what decos are needed - make & put name on box or bag so you remember what cake they go on etc, etc. Many flowers and other decos can be made months ahead. B'cream icing fzs well tooicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%