Friday Night Cake Club 8/10/12

Decorating By catlharper Updated 12 Aug 2012 , 11:06pm by catlharper

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 12 Aug 2012 , 3:00am
post #31 of 35

I am currently still working on the shower cake. I got all the flowers on and realized I have a hole that needs to be filled...so more flowers were made and have to dry. I put tons of tylose in them so hopefully they will dry quickly! LOL!

Cat

SammieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SammieB Posted 12 Aug 2012 , 4:25am
post #32 of 35

Humidity is a killer! It was horrible here yesterday, too. I've been wanting to do some pulled sugar stuff lately, but I'm just going to put it off until fall. There's no sense in even trying it right now! Glad it turned out well, Halifax. icon_smile.gif

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 12 Aug 2012 , 12:53pm
post #33 of 35

Here is the link to the drag car I did. I am not entirely happy with it but the client loved it.
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2383158/drag-car[url]
I am waiting to see the Shower cake Cat, I love flowers.

Humidity is a killer where I live , I live only 500metres from the beach . I couldn't do without my aircon, most of the time it is really just to dry out the air rather than actually cool it down. [/url]

BarbaraM0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraM0809 Posted 12 Aug 2012 , 9:35pm
post #34 of 35

Barbara...I've never made a cupcake bouquet...is it hard?

Cat[/quote]

Hey sorry I'm just seeing this I had to work a double last night and I'm just getting home (midnight-4pm) icon_eek.gif

It's not terribly hard, I took a flower pot I found at the dollar store and carved a half green foam ball to fit inside and wrapped it in plastic wrap. Then figured out where the cupcakes would go I used 16 mini cupcakes in all. Poke 2 toothpicks into the foam and then poke the cupcakes down on top. Then I made flowers (they were supposed to be roses but I'm not sure what they turned out to be lol) two toned red and white on a flower nail and put them on the cupcakes. Filled in the gaps with some green buttercream leaves and all done! I used Indydebi's buttercream (my absolute fave! thumbs_up.gif ) and vanilla bean cupcakes. I wished I had taken a picture but after I finished it I left for work and by the time I got home it was gone icon_sad.gif

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 12 Aug 2012 , 11:06pm
post #35 of 35

Ok, so I just put up the Bridal Shower cake! It took me so much longer to decorate than I thought it would!LOL! But I'm very happy with it in the end. Still waiting to hear what the Bride to Be thinks!!!

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2383545/nikkis-bridal-shower-cake

Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%