Cake Decorating Expos?

Decorating By JodieB Updated 11 Aug 2012 , 7:42pm by BakingIrene

JodieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieB Posted 8 Aug 2012 , 10:36pm
post #1 of 3

I just started baking about a year ago. It seems like everything I make requires a different tool. I don't have any good cake decorating stores local. Can anyone tell me if there are expo or vendor events for cake decorating? I live in California if anyone knows of some in particular. I would love to be able to go to an event and buy supplies rather than guess online and pay a lot of money in shipping.

Thanks everyone!

2 replies
manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 9 Aug 2012 , 1:02am
post #2 of 3

I'm in the same position as you; no local baking supply shops. I recently took a small vacation to a larger city that happened to have a baking supply shop so I couldn't resist the chance! I stopped by and only bought 2 things because they were so over priced that even after shipping, it was cheaper to buy things from amazon or fondant source. It may have just been that 1 shop. The cost of living in a big city is generally higher than a small town.

Check out fondant source. You can use "cake central" as a coupon code for 10% off!

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 11 Aug 2012 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 3

There is a place that you will have to use google for, becuase Cake Central always blocks that website. They have sugar craft in the name and no space. They have ALL the stuff and reasonable prices. They also have LOTS of lesson links online to tell you how to use the stuff before you buy.

I used to have to buy everything mail order, and was able to make 2 trips the 500 miles to the store. Did a lot of learning while I was there...then the catalogue was good enough. Websites that do a good job of showing you how to use their stuff are the ones to shop from.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%