Help!!! Edible Images Bubbling

Decorating By kathyw Updated 8 Aug 2012 , 7:58pm by kakeladi

kathyw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathyw Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 5

I've only used edible images a couple of times and I don't know what is happening. I've put the images around a cake and within an hour it starts bubbling and sagging. The first time the icing was crusted and I dampened it very slightly before sticking the image. I took it off and tried again. The second time I put the image on before crusting and the same thing happened. Can anyone help? Thanks so much!

4 replies
kathyw Posted 5 Aug 2012 , 5:45pm
post #2 of 5

Anyone?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Aug 2012 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 5

Without actually seeing the problem all I can guess is:
It sound like you are not pressing the image onto the cake well. Did you go over it w/a fondant smoother? It really would make a difference.
The icing definately needs to be 'wet' or fresh, not crusted!
Are these commercially made, or did you print them yourself? It might have something to do w/the actual sugar paper that was used, but that's just a wild guess.

kathyw Posted 5 Aug 2012 , 10:59pm
post #4 of 5

I used a fondant smoother and made sure the surface was wet prior to applying the image. I printed them my self with Inkedibles paper and ink. Would the icing have anything to do with it. I used crusting cream cheese icing. It was hot, maybe the icing melted????

Thanks for your help.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Aug 2012 , 7:58pm
post #5 of 5

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. My time on the computer is very limited.
And......I really don't have anymore ideas to help you. Sorry.
Not sure if you mean the icing might have melted after it was applied or from wetting it.... and how long after
applying it did the bubbling happen?
I used commercial Edible Images and some I printed
myself on paper from the same company so that's my only experience with them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%