Painting Molded Chocolate

Business By Michelle0814 Updated 9 Aug 2012 , 1:57pm by sfandm

Michelle0814 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle0814 Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 2:26pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all, Im new to this but basically I am going to be making a 3-D mini lego figure by using wiltons candy melts. What can I use to paint the colors I want onto the molded chocolate? I dont want to use different color candy melts. I need an edible paint thats bright and brilliant. Will a concentrated icing paste work?

2 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 5 Aug 2012 , 12:46am
post #2 of 3

I've seen people paint chocolate before, but it isn't going to look like the solid colors, I think. Your best bet would be to use different color candy melts, I hate to say.

sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 9 Aug 2012 , 1:57pm
post #3 of 3

When you say molded chocolate, I am thinking chocolate clay, the kind you make with corn syrup and chocolate melts. If this is right, I would make a HUGE batch of white, and then color different pieces what you need, using the gel color. I have done this before and I use the Americolor gel color for mine. Works great.

I just take the piece I want, and after kneading slightly, drop a couple in the center, and then continue kneading. Caution, your fingers may change colors also, I use the disposable clear gloves for mine.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%