Fondarific?

Decorating By debbs0723 Updated 2 Aug 2012 , 3:50am by scp1127

debbs0723 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbs0723 Posted 1 Aug 2012 , 10:01pm
post #1 of 5

I've been making my own mmf for years and quite frankly I'm just tired of it. I have another request for black fondant and I just plain out refuse to do that anymore so i started looking online. Do you guys have any experience with the buttercream flavored fondarific? I usually flavor my mmf using the magicline butter vanilla and wonder if they would compliment each other.

Thanks so much for any input.

Debbie

4 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 1 Aug 2012 , 10:47pm
post #2 of 5

I haven't used the BC Fondarific, but I've used their vanilla flavored black and I love it. I have heard good things about the BC flavored line, though.

It can be a bit soft to work with, but I find that if I add in about 1/3 Wilton, it doesn't change the color much at all, but it's easier to handle.

Rae

cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 1 Aug 2012 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 5

The buttercream Fondarific is really tasty, but for black fondant, I REALLY prefer Elite by FondX's black fondant. I can roll it really thin and it stretches well without tearing.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 1 Aug 2012 , 11:59pm
post #4 of 5

The FondX Elite is nice, but the "white chocolate & light raspberry flavor" doesn't always go with every cake.

I never understood the decision to add that raspberry note--some people really notice it.

I like the regular FondX black, but sometimes it's so soft, I need to add a bit of Wilton AND black color..............sort of defeats the purpose.

Rae

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 2 Aug 2012 , 3:50am
post #5 of 5

I love Fondarific and so do my customers. I think workability is an individual thing. You will get as many answers about what is the best as there are members here on CC.

I am not as seasoned in fondant as most and Fondarific gives me great results every time.

The black tastes like buttercream. The aroma, as with all of their flavors, can be smelled about two feet from the cake. The black will still make your teeth turn black.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%