Edible Transfers Onto Black And White Cookies

Baking By lizzard11 Updated 1 Aug 2012 , 1:34am by pmarks0

lizzard11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizzard11 Posted 1 Aug 2012 , 1:00am
post #1 of 2

Hi everyone! I'm making the cake and cupcakes for my friend's daughter's sweet 16. She just had a great idea for favors, but before I get on board, I need to figure things out first. Her colors are black and white and she wants to hand out black and white cookies with "Kimberlee's Sweet 16" written on the white parts. I'm a busy mom of 4 boys and since the cake and cupcakes will be taking up a lot of my time, I suggested we buy the cookies and add the writing to them. However, I've never worked with transfers before and wonder since the icing is already set how will I add them to the cookie?

My plan is to order the transfers online and adhere them to the cookies with royal icing. My concern is how it will look - a raised message on the cookie. I know I can just write on the white side with edible markers, but I don't think it would look very good as I don't have the best penmanship.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!!!!

1 reply
pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 1 Aug 2012 , 1:34am
post #2 of 2

For my nephew's Bar Mitzvah several years ago, I made round sugar cookies to look like baseballs with the Chicago White Sox logo on them as he is a huge fan. The cookies were covered in fondant, and I had the logo printed out as edible images and I just cut them out and used piping gel to adhere them to the fondant. I then did the piping for the stitching in royal.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1775024/white-sox-baseball-cookie

Although not the same design, I don't see why you couldn't use a little piping gel to attach them. I've never attached an image to dry icing though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%