What Pattern Is On This Cake?

Decorating By Angelfire3 Updated 28 Sep 2012 , 1:11am by Angelfire3

Angelfire3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelfire3 Posted 30 Jul 2012 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 7

Greetings all,
I'm wondering if you all could help me out. What pattern/effect is on this cake? I love the way it looks and I would like to try it on my next cake. It looks like leather, but the leather impression mat I have resembles cobble stone. I got it from the fabric sheet effects impression mat.

Thanks in advance.
LL

6 replies
cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 30 Jul 2012 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 7

I don't know what impression mat would have been used for that cake, but I think you could get much the same effect using slightly crumpled plastic wrap. Just lay the plastic wrap on your fondant, taking care not to smooth it too much and roll over it. hth

LilBlackSheep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LilBlackSheep Posted 31 Jul 2012 , 12:50am
post #3 of 7

Aligator impression mat?

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 31 Jul 2012 , 5:55pm
post #5 of 7

I'd say that's not an impression mat at all. Very random design if you look close. You could make something similar by going at it with the liner tool, but I would actually just take my fingernails to it (yes clean and short). I recently discovered that makes a much more natural texture when I was working on a certain part of a male anatomy cake icon_smile.gif

Angelfire3 Posted 31 Jul 2012 , 9:29pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryAK

I'd say that's not an at all. Very random design if you look close. You could make something similar by going at it with the liner tool, but I would actually just take my fingernails to it (yes clean and short). I recently discovered that makes a much more natural texture when I was working on a certain part of a male anatomy cake icon_smile.gif

icon_lol.gif

Thank you all for your advice. I REALLY Appreciate all of your replies. I'll try it out and see what I come up with.

Angelfire3 Posted 28 Sep 2012 , 1:11am
post #7 of 7

Greetings,
I just wanted to show you the end result of the cake I made for my customer.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%