Looking For Nougat Mousse Cake Recipe

Baking By hilpal Updated 28 Jul 2012 , 6:46pm by hieperdepiep

hilpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hilpal Posted 28 Jul 2012 , 10:04am
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone

I have searched the net for months for a recipe for the delicious looking (& quite complicated) Nougat mousse cake that has pistachio dacquoise, apricot-passion fruit gelee and nougat mousse. The blogs I have found mention cooking school events and have tantalising photos but no recipes. Can anyone help me locate a recipe please? The blogs indicate that each component is made over several days...not for the light hearted..I'm also interested in similar recipes if the exact replica is not available.

Here's a link to a photo from Chef Megan's delicious blog
http://thepastrycase.com/blog/pastry-school/2009/03/16/weeks-8-9-10-tarts-and-cakes/

Hilpal
Perth Australia

2 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 28 Jul 2012 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 3

ALL comp[opnents are available online or in standard baking books

Pistachio dacquoise: any dacquoise recipe (almond, hazelnut, etc) just use skinned unsalted pistachios powdered in food processor with part of the sugar.

Gelee in Karen Krasne's book Extraordinary Cakes

Nougat mousse in Julia Child's opus magnum...

hieperdepiep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hieperdepiep Posted 28 Jul 2012 , 6:46pm
post #3 of 3

I have a recipe for a soft nougatmousse. Don't know if this is what you're looking for. It has to be kept refridgerated. (when you replace the cream for butter , like making IMBC, you can make a more shelf-stable crème.

Sorry for the spelling and wrong words, (translating this with google translate..)

50 g pistachenuts
50 g hazelnuts
125 g shaved (?) almonds
4.5 sheets gelatine
175 g honey
3 eggwhites
1 TBS sugar
300 ml cream
25 g confit (candy?) orangepeel in small dices
rum to sprinkle

Roast the nuts in the oven and let them cool. Soften de gelatinesheets in cold water. Whip the eggwhites and sugar until firm peaks. Cook the honey to 130 celsius. Pour the hot honey (the same as IMBC- hot sugarsirup) with the eggwhites and keep whipping underwhile. Whip the cream (not totally firm). Chop the nuts. Dissolve the gelatine with just a little bit of water in a pan over low heat. Stir the gelatine through the eggwhites. Stir the nuts, orangepeel and cream through the eggwhites.

Springle your cake (or biscuit de savoie for a lighter texture) with a little rum.

Put the mousse on the cake in a pan lined with plastic foil. Put it in the fridge to stiffen it in 2 hours.

It is not mine. It is from: http://rudolphsbakery.24kitchen.nl/recepten/zachte-nougatinetaart

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%