Help With Flower How-To:)

Decorating By sugarrush74 Updated 24 Jul 2012 , 7:41pm by Dayti

sugarrush74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarrush74 Posted 24 Jul 2012 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 4

Hi,

Can anyone give me any help on the best way to do flowers like these? I'd apprecitate it so much!!

Thanks,

Lisa
LL

3 replies
sugarrush74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarrush74 Posted 24 Jul 2012 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 4

Anyone? Thanksicon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Jul 2012 , 7:18pm
post #3 of 4

Looks to me like each petal is going to have to be wired. Made much like a rock rose using a rose petal then shaped some. Put together w/a center like one would make w/a tip 233. If you want it to be fondant maybe push it through a strainer.
I'm sure someone who is much more fimilar w/that perticular flower will jump in here with more help/info.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 24 Jul 2012 , 7:41pm
post #4 of 4

Actually I think the large ones look like they are done with a 5 petal rose cutter (like this: http://www.pastrychef.com/FIVE-PETAL-ROSE-CUTTER-SETS_p_1538.html). I've never made them but they are pretty. I would roll out, thin the edges of the petals with a ball tool and pinch them back slightly, like you would with a rose. Can't really see the centres properly but I am guessing they are either done with a loop of cotton thread, or some kind of gumpaste centre with a trillion of those little tiny stamens stuck in. In any case you would wire whatever centre you choose, then slide the wire and centre down onto the petal, which you would have to set up a bit in a flower former or apple tray.
I might try these one day.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%